PRONTOSAN® WOUND IRRIGATION SOLUTION 350ML
The solution for acute, chronic and burn wounds
Prontosan® contains betaine and polihexanide.
Betaine reduces the environmental surface tension of the biofilm which results in a maceration of the biofilm and finally allows a better penetration into it. The mechanism of action can basically be compared with a dishwashing detergent.
Polihexanide is an antimicrobial agent with broad spectrum biocidal activity. The mode of action can be described as a non-specific electrostatic interaction with the bacterial cell wall. The attachment of polihexinde to the bacterial cell wall results in a disorganisation of the biological structure of the bacteria.
* Removes & prevents biofilm
* Prevents infections
* Reduces healing time
* Gentle dressing changes
* Well-known substances with low allergenic potential
* Compatible with commonly used wound dressings
* Can be used up to 8 weeks after first opening
Use of Prontosan® in NPWT
The negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) irrigating systems provide an even more effective means for delivering solutions such as Prontosan® Wound Irrigation Solution to complicated wounds with the opportunity for:
* Preventing infection
* Decreasing healing time
* Reducing the risk of amputation
Caution: Use on hyaline cartilage is contraindicated.
Consult IFU for further details.
Prontosan® Wound Irrigation Solution can be used for the prevention of an infection in acute and chronic wounds including ··Traumatic wounds
* Postoperative wounds
* Chronic skin ulcers (e.g. venous,diabetic or pressure ulcers)
* Burns 1st and 2nd degree
To open the bottle remove distance ring and screw the cap clockwise
* Ready to use
* Easy and simple to use
* Direct application from the practical squeeze bottle ··Well-known substances with low allergenic potential
* Can be warmed up to body temperature
* Can be used on sensitive or irritated skin
* No risk of further contamination of wounds
* Can be used in combination with standard and advanced wound dressings
Highly recommended! I have already told my friends to purchase from medical supplies depot. They have very accommodating and helpful staff.
I have been ordering this product since January from Medical Supplies Depot.
The product is highly recommended!
Their customer support is very helpful and very accommodating. Very Good Customer Service!!! They delivered the product on time.
Got the product I ordered yesterday. It is well packed, delivered on time. Will definitely order again!
Very effective, will buy again
very effective, highly recommended
Highly recommended, very effective